Modifications Are Our Specialty
Here at Southern Fabrication Specialties, we have the experience and capability to modify shipping containers into many different products, such as Ground Level Offices (GLOs), Department of Defense (DoD) modified containers, fire training modules and more.
Ground Level Offices
Since 2015 our team has modified over 1,000 containers into Ground Level Offices of all sizes and descriptions.
We’ve built the following types of ground level offices:
- 8’ X 10’ all office container
- 8′ x 20′ all office container
- 8′ x 20′ combo unit with 10′ of office space and 10′ of storage
- 8′ x 40′ all office container
- 8′ x 40′ combo unit with 12′ of office space and 28′ of storage
- 8′ x 40′ double office unit with two (2) 10′ offices and a 20′ common area
- 8′ x 40′ all office container with a restroom
- Security guard shacks
Special features of our office containers include:
- Heavy 14-gauge all-steel construction
- Solid steel doors
- Sturdy welded steel security bars on windows
- Can be furnished with a plan table, desk and file cabinet
- Wall mounted J-box for phone/data connection
- R11 insulation in office areas, which are impervious to humidity and moisture
- Air conditioned and heated
- Fully lined with interior finish
Department of Defense
We have also modified containers for Department of Defense contractors.
- Standard 20Ft ISO Container (Std Height)
- Standard wood framed interior with marine grade plywood covered with short nap carpeting
- R-13 Batt and 2” Rigid Foam Insulation
- Exterior portion of interior entry wall to be of steel construction
- Steel Commercial entry door with KABA Mechanical Cipher Lock & KABA X-10 High Security Lock
- NUDO ceiling covering
- Dual 2-Ton 19 Seer Mitsubishi ductless mini split HVAC system
- 100A Ø3 208/240V with female camlock supply connections @ bulkhead connection
- (2) 48” Linear LED lighting
- 6-head Track Lighting
- Low-profile Triangular Raised Access Flooring
Fire Training Modules
We have also modified containers into fire training modules. Some training modules are mobile units used to travel around for demonstrations. Others are fixed units up to 4 stories high with multiple containers and multiple training scenarios built in.
Other traditional container modifications that we offer include:
- Foam insulation
- HVAC systems (BARD, GE and mini splits)
- Personnel doors
- Rollup doors
- Burglar bars
- Security doors
Custom work is in our wheelhouse as well. For instance, we have modified containers into:
- Concession stands
- Security guard shacks
- Donation boxes to collect donation items or recyclable materials
- Tool room distribution and storage
- Locker rooms
- And even deer camps
If you can dream up a way to modify a storage container for your business or personal need, we can certainly create it for you.
Contact us today, and let us help you design the product best suited for your needs.
Click here to learn more about our recent custom modification project!